Save the Date:
Tuesday, June 18 at 11:30 AM: PRSA luncheon on “Preventing a Social Media Nightmare” featuring Samantha Owens Pyle, owner of Green Apple Strategy, and Stephen Zralek, copyright and social media attorney at Bone McAllester Norton.
NASHVILLE’S EXCELLENCE IN PUBLIC RELATIONS RECOGNIZED AT
27TH ANNUAL PARTHENON AWARDS
Public Relations Society of America Nashville Chapter Honors
Stellar Public Relations Programs, Projects and Individuals
Nashville, Tenn. (May 1, 2013) — The Nashville chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) recognized the best public relations programs and projects in Middle Tennessee at the 27th annual Parthenon Awards. Each year, the chapter acknowledges public relations programs and projects that illustrated exemplary skill in areas ranging from public service campaigns, crisis communications, new media and special events by local public relations professionals.
Seigenthaler Public Relations won Best in Show – the evening’s top award – for a media relations program. Stitching the Pieces Together: Designing Success was created for SVP Worldwide, producer of the legacy SINGER, HUSQVARNA VIKING and PFAFF sewing brands.
Parthenon Award and Award of Merit winners include:
- DVL Public Relations & Advertising (8 Parthenon Awards, 14 Awards of Merit)
- Seigenthaler Public Relations (7 Parthenon Awards, 15 Awards of Merit)
- McNeely, Pigott & Fox (6 Parthenon Awards, 7 Awards of Merit)
- YMCA of Middle Tennessee (2 Parthenon Awards, 3 Awards of Merit)
- Lovell Communications (1 Parthenon Award, 15 Awards of Merit)
- GS&F (1 Parthenon Award, 2 Awards of Merit)
- Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority (1 Parthenon Award, 1 Award of Merit)
- Dollar General (1 Parthenon Award)
- Burgundy Group Advertising (1 Parthenon Award, 1 Award of Merit)
- Pearl Point Cancer Support (1 Parthenon Award)
- Western Kentucky University (1 Parthenon Award, 1 Award of Merit)
- ImageWest, student group from Western Kentucky University (1 Parthenon Award, 3 Awards of Merit)
- The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee (1 Award of Merit)
- The Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce (1 Award of Merit)
- The Nashville Health Care Council (1 Award of Merit)
Paula Lovell (Lovell Communications) received the Hercules award. This acknowledges a current or former member of PRSA with at least 10 years of experience in public relations for his or her outstanding contributions to the industry. Candidates are judged by career accomplishments, including contributions to PRSA, the profession and the community; quality, creativity and effect of their professional work; and the example set by their ethical practices.
Kallie Bienvenu (The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee) received the Mercury Award. This award is given to a young professional with less than 10 years of experience in the public relations profession who has demonstrated accelerated progress in his or her career. The individual must also demonstrate leadership potential through service to PRSA, chapter involvement and professionalism.
PRSA NASHVILLE LAUNCHES SCHOLARSHIP ENDOWMENT FUND
The Nashville Chapter of Public Relations Society of America announced on December 12, 2012, the creation of the PRSA Nashville Scholarship Endowment Fund, established in testament to the chapter’s commitment to the future of public relations in Middle Tennessee.
The fund is a component fund of The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee, a charitable organization connecting generosity with need, and will be permanently endowed, ensuring the chapter’s resources will be available to support deserving students in Middle Tennessee for years to come.
“PRSA Nashville has been privileged to provide an annual scholarship to students for more than a decade, and as the chapter continues to grow we wanted to strengthen our commitment to the next generation of communicators,” said Chapter President Todd Smith. “We are energized by the educational dreams that will be realized thanks to our endowment. This is a real milestone for public relations in Middle Tennessee.”
To read more about this scholarship endowment, please click here
National PRSA Organization
Thanks to our sponsor for their support: MyMediaInfo