As a multimarket firm, we touch many areas of life: from designing highways and bridges that connect people, to clean water systems, to hospitals and corporate campuses of the future. That’s why we’re able to offer endless opportunities for people to hone their skills and strengthen their understanding of different disciplines and perspectives. Behind all the hard work is a team of really sharp, down-to-earth people who love a good challenge – and a good time.
The Corporate Communications Coordinator—Internal Communications supports firmwide employee communication initiatives, including employee engagement campaigns and events, HR communications, DE&I, executive messaging, and the development of our weekly employee newsletter. The role also supports key external communication campaigns geared toward positioning Gresham Smith as an employer of choice. We are looking for a well-rounded individual who is a strong writer, detail-oriented, eager to learn and excited about taking on new challenges. Experience with managing projects/events is strongly preferred, and metrics reporting experience is a plus. If you have a heart for people and a creative flair for increasing audience engagement, this is a terrific opportunity to “up your communications game” while working with a smart, motivated team at a firm that is known for its great culture.
- Develop a wide variety of brand-consistent, engaging content for internal audiences. You will write employee-focused messages and articles, work on our weekly newsletter, manage our company intranet and send out surveys to measure employee engagement, assess employee needs and track the progress of our initiatives.
- Support our Internal Communications Manager on projects geared toward informing and engaging our employees. This includes firmwide initiatives, such as DE&I, leadership change announcements, our COVID-19 response and our return to office strategy.
- Manage events and campaigns. This is a big one: Town Hall meetings, our annual all-employee celebrations, nonprofit fundraisers, United Way campaigns…. The list goes on.
- Hands-on execution. In addition to helping develop strategies and coming up with terrific ideas, you’ll be rolling up your sleeves to get the work done. We’re looking for someone who has the creativity to think big and the perseverance to tackle the minute details that lead to success.
- Craft award-winning submissions and responses for Best Places to Work, 40 Under 40 lists and ranking surveys from key industry publications.
- Knowledge of marketing and communication practices and principles.
- Strong writing portfolio and hands-on familiarity with AP style guide.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders and provide thoughtful, workable solutions.
- Strong writing skills and knowledge of proper grammar. Familiarity with AP style is critical.
- Strong time management skills, attention to detail, ability to work independently on multiple tasks and effectively prioritize work under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of—or ability to learn—content management systems and native social media analytics.
- Ability to build and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships and commitment to teamwork.
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures. Knowledge of standard operations, policies and procedures of the firm.
- Ability to operate office equipment such as personal computers, calculators and copiers. Skilled in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented, as well as communicate information and ideas in speaking and writing.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications, journalism or related field.
- Minimum of two to three years of relevant experience.