As a multimarket firm, we touch many areas of life: from designing highways and bridges that connect people, to clean water systems, to hospitals and corporate campuses of the future. That’s why we’re able to offer endless opportunities for people to hone their skills and strengthen their understanding of different disciplines and perspectives. Behind all the hard work is a team of really sharp, down-to-earth people who love a good challenge – and a good time.
The Corporate Communications Coordinator supports external communication initiatives for both the firm and its individual markets. The role also supports key internal communication campaigns and strategies. We are looking for a well-rounded individual who is a strong writer, detail-oriented, eager to learn and excited about taking on new challenges. This is a terrific opportunity to “up your communications game” while working with a smart, motivated team at a firm that is known for its great culture.
This role focuses on four key areas:
- Developing a wide variety of brand consistent, engaging content for both external and internal audiences. You will be writing project profiles, website content, social media and blog posts, press releases, newsletters and employee-focused messages, to name a few.
- Researching executive speaking and interview opportunities, identifying target industry publications, tracking editorial calendars, developing “pitches” and managing PR distribution lists.
- Executing and measuring communication strategies. In addition to working with external website and intranet content management systems, you will be managing social media channels and campaigns, handling email distribution systems, monitoring our media placements and diving into analytics.
- Supporting and managing events and campaigns. Town hall meetings, our annual all-employee celebrations, non-profit fundraisers, United Way campaigns…. The list goes on.
- Knowledge of marketing and communication practices and principles.
- Strong writing portfolio and hands-on familiarity with AP style guide.
- Social media content development experience in a B2B setting.
- Strong writing skills and knowledge of proper grammar. Familiarity with AP style is strongly preferred.
- Strong time management skills, attention to detail, ability to work independently on multiple tasks and effectively prioritize work under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of—or ability to learn—content management systems and native social media analytics.
- Ability to build and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships and commitment to teamwork.
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures. Knowledge of standard operations, policies and procedures of the firm.
- Ability to operate office equipment such as personal computers, calculators and copiers. Skilled in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented, as well as communicate information and ideas in speaking and writing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related field.
- Minimum of one to two years of relevant experience. Candidates with strong student journalism backgrounds or in-depth internship experience in branding marketing or PR/communications will be considered.
Gresham Smith is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Gresham Smith provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran, disability or any other classification protected by law.
Gresham Smith will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. An executed GRESHAM PLACEMENT SERVICES AGREEMENT (PSA) is required prior to any payment obligation for either a referral or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously executed PSA, GRESHAM SMITH explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to GRESHAM SMITH’S hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of GRESHAM SMITH upon receipt.