Greater Nashville REALTORS®, a 6,200 plus member REALTOR® trade association, is currently accepting resumes for the Communications & Media Relations Manager. Reporting to the Director of Communications and Marketing, the Communications & Media Relations Manager is responsible for collaboratively creating and tactically executing the integrated communications and media relations strategy for the association in alignment with the association’s strategic plan. This includes planning for and executing integrated marketing tactics – both paid and earned media. The Communications & Media Relations Manager is also responsible for creating detailed marketing and content plans for the association related to events and our monthly newsletters.
- Generate compelling, engaging content to support a content-driven integrated strategy
- Help identify the most effective communication channels to reach relevant target groups and help to feed these channels with the appropriate messaging
- Strategize and implement campaigns leveraging traditional media (collateral, print advertising, direct mail, etc.)
- Manage and update the association’s communications plan
- Research housing market trends on a local, state, and national level
- Gather and distribute local housing market stats to distribute to members and local media
- Create housing data content for social media (i.e., graphs, charts, etc., related to the local, state, and national real estate market)
- Write weekly columns for Board President and other association members focused on the housing market, benefits of homeownership, and the value of working with a Realtor to be published in multiple formats
- Pitch trending real estate-related topics to local media outlets
- Maintain existing relationships with media personnel and build new relationships with emerging reporters in the local and state area
- In conjunction with the Director of Communications and Marketing, prepare talking points for print and television interviews for the association’s executive leadership
- Help facilitate virtual events in coordination with the Marketing and Events Manager
- Manage email marketing campaigns for the association’s multiple monthly newsletters
- Collaborate with communications and marketing team on social media marketing for all association activity, including events, membership, professional development, legislative, home sale data, and weekly published columns
- Assist the events manager with any event-related tasks
- A minimum of five to seven years of professional experience in Public and Media Relations
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or communications from a four-year college or university required
- Strong knowledge of AP Style writing required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, and database experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite is recommended
- Excellent people skills and experience working with a membership organization
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills required
- Desire to work in a team atmosphere
- Simple IRA: match employee contribution up to 3% of salary
- Medical Insurance: 100% paid for employee – high deductible health plan with HSA
- Dental and Vision: 100% paid for employee
- Life Insurance: $15,000 of life insurance paid 100% for employee
- Long-Term Disability: Plan provided by Greater Nashville REALTORS®
- Vacation days (based on the number of years employed by Greater Nashville REALTORS®)
Salary Range: $55,000 to $60,000, depending on experience.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email submissions only. Please include Communications & Media Relations Manager in the subject line. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Email submissions only. No phone calls, please.
Candidates with an active Real Estate License will not be considered.