|Revance (Nasdaq: RVNC), is a commercial stage biotechnology company focused on innovative aesthetic, therapeutic and financial technology offerings, setting a new standard in healthcare.|
The Corporate Affairs Communications Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day execution of the integrated communications strategy and implementation of corporate affairs initiatives to support the Revance portfolio across both corporate, aesthetic and therapeutic business units.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Aesthetics Public Relations, this role will work closely with the Corporate, Therapeutics, and Internal Communications Managers, and provide strong support to multiple cross-functional departments (Marketing, Medical Affairs, Field Sales, Investor Relations, Financial-Technology Services, Talent Acquisition, R&D and Human Resources).
This highly integrated role will function as a “generalist” on the Corporate Affairs team by providing support across multiple facets of the commercial communications department. The Corporate Affairs Communications Specialist is a natural doer who balances the production of enterprise-forward content with strong written expertise. As a critical member of the Corporate Affairs team, this role will have broad organizational impact across several high-level initiatives.
- Assist with the development of communications tools, materials and collateral- (e.g. press releases, media kits, digital content, branded/corporate assets and other relevant needs)
- Writing and content creation– (e.g. proofreading, collating feedback, quality control, document revisions) in preparation for cascading and obtaining final approvals
- Support special events and KOL/customer engagements including preliminary research, tactical coordination of logistics, vendors, production, WIP, contracts
- Asset coordination including awards submissions, editorial calendar, licensing, quarterly news schedule(s), media contact lists, coverage tracking, etc.
- Media monitoring and reporting on company, brand or industry news
- Product / inventory coordination (editorial samples) – organization, ordering, shipping
- Partner with the corporate creative studio to align stakeholders for successful and on-time completion of jobs/projects
- Coordinate and record meeting minutes for all internal and external calls for communications dept., distribute detailed recap notes highlighting action items following status meetings
- Retrieve/ gather applicable information in support of securing top-tier media opportunities across beauty, consumer, business, trade outlets (broadcast, print, online, social, podcast) – collaborate with PR agency as needed
- BA/BS preferably in business, communications, marketing, or journalism
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5+ years of hands-on experience in communications, public relations, and marketing preferably in Aesthetics, Cosmetics, Beauty, Pharmaceuticals, Medical Device, or Healthcare industries
- Previous experience as a Communications Specialist, Coordinator, or Associate for 2+ years
- Foundational understanding of the impact of public relations, communications, earned, owned, paid media, and importance of the marketing mix (B2B and B2C)
- Agency experience preferred
- Previous collaboration with external public relations, media or marketing agency
- Previous experience on product launch or bringing brand to market preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proactive and can-do attitude with strong attention to detail, while being able to grasp the big picture and strategic priorities of the business
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Team player attitude with the ability to build, foster and nurture collaborative relationships across a range of departments, disciplines, and leadership levels
- Strong project coordination skills, excels with limited supervision or oversight
- Specific familiarity or experience in relevant therapeutic or aesthetic area(s) is an asset, working with healthcare providers or KOLs (key opinion leaders) is a plus
- Self-starter attitude, willingness to roll up sleeves and get the work done while proactively taking initiative
- Planning, teamwork, critical thinking and strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Sharepoint