The Creative Writer is responsible for developing and executing the Corporate Communications Strategy. This role will work cross-functionally with Marketing, Human Resources, and Finance.
NOTE: This role (once we return to the office) will be a hybrid role and will be in office. Not a remote role.
- Develop, recommend, and manage the Corporate Communication Strategy to ensure effective deployment of internal and external communications.
- Provide advice and support to senior leadership in coordinating internal and external communication efforts.
- Serve as a central and primary writer, editor, and publisher of external communications across various media platforms.
- Act as a communications project manager on select internal communication projects. This includes monitoring progress of communications initiatives.
- Review internal communications content, processes, guidelines, and effectiveness to assure content is consistently managed, accurate, up to date and relevant. Recommend improvements where appropriate.
- Understand and follow Tractor Supply’s communications protocol to effectively and efficiently draft and publicize appropriate messages and information in response to critical incidents as well as standard communications.
Experience: 5+ years of experience as a technical writer, editor, or editorial strategist
Education: Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, technical writing, or related field.
Other knowledge, skills or abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate others without authority.
- Ability to deliver under tight deadlines and demonstrated ability to effectively resolve issues and implement solutions.
- Ability to remain flexible and adapt to changing needs and priorities.