Develops internal communications strategies, tactics and deliverables to engage, motivate and align associates with various campaigns and programs across the firm. Serves as a communications consultant to plan and develop strategic communications to support workgroup, department and leadership. and effectively use communication tools to reach target audiences.
- Conducts needs assessments, makes recommendations and performs activities designed to enhance and promote Jackson’s internal brand among associates.
- Independently writes, analyzes and edits original content in support of individual business units.
- Partners with and serves as a consultant to company leadership to produce and measure strategic communications for company initiatives.
- Develops and edits strategic communications plans as well as supporting materials and content for emails, company intranet, presentations and more.
- Executes plans for various corporate events.
- Assists with the organization and facilitation of associate focus groups and surveys.
- Collaborates with colleagues and team members on internal and external campaigns as appropriate.
- Independently manages projects with minimal supervision.
- Assists in the enhancement and maintenance of the company’s brand.
- May represent the company at community meetings and events.
- Performs other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Proficient in Associated Press Style.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to exhibit maturity, professional finish, and independent thinking.
- Ability to think critically and make independent decisions.
- Exhibits drive and motivation to complete tasks/projects within agreed timeframes.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to be both analytical and creative.
- Proficient in Office 365, including Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Marketing/Advertising or related field required.
5+ years of experience in a professional communications role required.
Experience with SharePoint and website editing preferred.