Lead a team of professionals and multi-departmental collaboration to create an audience-focused organization; advance understanding of and engagement with audience; inform product and content creation; support revenue generation; oversee research and data collection; raise profile of Nashville Public Radio (NPR) brand and services; lead in-person audience engagement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement comprehensive plans to create an audience-focused organization. Grow and deepen audience engagement efforts across the organization, including goals and objectives designed to deepen relationships with new public radio audiences with an eye toward socio-economic and racial diversity; increase satisfaction and conversion to donors.
- Oversee the development and implementation of comprehensive marketing and engagement strategies and plans across all Nashville Public Radio services. Effectively utilize all channels (broadcast, web site, social media, podcasts, apps, etc.) to tell Nashville Public Radio’s story, raise profile and connect with current and new audiences. Lead the development and implementation of a compelling brand strategy.
- Lead the development of a vision, roadmap, and priorities for Nashville Public Radio’s digital products and services with managers across the organization. Lead collaboration to determine and implement strategies, tactics, and best practices across all platforms.
- Lead the research and development of upgrades, new platforms, and new tools in close collaboration with other departments to better understand and serve audiences, current and future.
- Lead the development and oversee the implementation of an events strategy across the organization to increase engagement, loyalty, and revenue.
- Build and lead a new Audience division to support the vision, mission and values of Nashville Public Radio. Ensure alignment between the department and NPR’s business objectives and goals.
- Understand the audience experience. Develop communication strategies for audiences, partners and sponsors; including earned media advertising campaigns, presentation, and collateral and marketing materials. Provide resources to support CEO’s communication and presentation activities.
- Oversee analysis of digital metrics and lead planning based on findings and trends. Provide internal and external audience metrics and insights across NPR’s services. Design, execute, utilize and analyze relevant research to deepen the understanding of how people engage with Nashville Public Radio; but also understand audiences who traditionally have not engaged with NPR.
- Lead Nashville Public Radio’s external communication and serve as spokesperson as needed. Support internal communication and organizational decision making as a member of the senior management team.