If you are a highly creative person who also thinks strategically and knows that the work is only as good as the results it achieves, you may be perfect for this opportunity. Locomotion Creative is looking for an experienced writer. You’ll also handle account service, so your clients talk directly with you, the person doing the work. That leads to quicker solutions, clearer communications and greater efficiency.
That means we are looking for a hybrid — a talented writer who also enjoys leading projects as a key contact for clients. Responsibilities will include:
- Serving as the day-to-day contact for your clients.
- Helping to develop marketing strategies.
- Working in partnership with the rest of our creative team including art directors, designers, animators and video producers to develop creative direction and concepts.
- Overseeing work through the production stage to completion.
- Creating well-crafted, compelling copy for websites, videos, animations, print collateral, ads and more.
- Working with and managing vendors, including audio/video, talent agencies, media, research and more.
- Developing proposals and estimates.
- Overseeing invoicing for your clients.
- 5+ years of experience as a writer in advertising, public relations or marketing.
- Strong portfolio, particularly in long-form writing.
- Experience in strategy development.
- Experience managing clients in an agency or freelance setting.
- Strong research skills.
- Experience in healthcare a plus.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong collaborator who enjoys building on the skills and ideas of others.
- Ability to work in a relatively flat organization where independence and flexibility are valued.
A leading Nashville marketing firm, Locomotion Creative gives strength, speed and direction to our clients’ brands. Whether it’s brand strategy, graphic design, package design, Web design, advertising, video, animation or all of the above, we work collaboratively with our clients, leading to powerful ideas while shortening the distance between a marketing challenge and the solution.