Job ID 3386
Application Deadline: March 01, 2024
- 40 hours per week Monday – Friday in office
- $20.00 per hour
The strategic communications consultancy TrailRunner International is seeking high-energy, detail-oriented, service-minded interns to. Interns work 40 hours per week starting June 3 – July 26, 2024.
The Internship Program is available to college seniors, recent graduates and graduate degree students. Each Intern will be assigned two to four client teams and will work as an active team member. Interns will have structured assignments, regular check-ins, and additional development resources along the way. The goal is to ensure that interns learn about the communications industry and develop their skills including research, writing, media pitching and organizational skills such as project management.
Working directly with TrailRunner leadership and senior advisors, Interns support clients in various industries around the world, leveraging strategic communications to achieve their objectives in special situations (IPOs, M&A, restructurings, investor issues, regulatory matters, litigation, crises, etc.) and in longer-term engagements focused on corporate reputation building, executive visibility, media relations, investor relations, and issues management.
Mentorship and teaching are an important aspect of the TrailRunner International culture. At TrailRunner, interns support teams that are diverse in industry, client situation, and team make up. Our teams work directly with and learn from top talent and seasoned leadership across the firm’s offices.
- Work with TrailRunner’s Human Resources team to identify and set your internship objectives
- The opportunity to work on 2-4 client teams
- A central repository of internship projects and work assignments to ensure thoughtful distribution of work
- Weekly all-intern meetings to share experiences, learnings, challenges and solutions
- 360 Learning: An opportunity to deliver a presentation/workshop to the entire global team
- Workshops/ “Lunch & Learns” led by seasoned TrailRunner professionals on relevant topics, such as media relations, crisis communications, client service best practices, and IPO communications.
- A book club, featuring a book to hone your leadership and professional skills, facilitated by experts in the field
- Career coaching and guidance
- Assist client teams in providing exceptional communication support to TrailRunner International’s global clients
- Compile and maintain media lists of relevant reporters, publications, conferences and awards for client awareness; assist in researching, briefing and coordinating events, interviews, conferences, podcasts and other client initiatives
- Produce high quality first drafts of memos, briefing documents, research and analysis, and other common client-driven work products
- Coordinate project plans, internal meetings and initiatives on client accounts
- Research and complete business briefings for current and prospective clients
- Monitor and maintain client topical awareness on relevant industry, competitor and company news
- Research and summarize broader trends in the media
- Use conventional and creative means to gather intel on behalf of clients and prospects
- Learn and adapt in an extremely fast-paced, ever changing environment
In addition to strong writing, research, and analytical skills, success as an Intern requires an unwavering commitment to helping clients and teammates win. The ability to maintain poise and good humor in dynamic, high-intensity situations is highly valued, given the nature of the work and the firm’s inclusive, collaborative culture. Candidates should possess a strong work ethic, personal drive and intellectual curiosity.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, and research skills.
- Commitment to teamwork, learning, and excellence and a high degree of integrity
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- A degree in public relations, communications, finance, business, or other related field is helpful but not required
For more information about TrailRunner International, go to www.trailrunnerint.com.